Accelerating fashion's transition to the use of diverse renewable resources
Amberoot is an online shop selling clothing only from diverse natural and sustainable fabrics. This way Amberoot rejects 97% of the fabrics used in the apparel industry which are made from coal and oil or from unsustainable agricultural practices. Amberoot stands for beauty, quality, and ethically made products for a healthier and happier planet.
All products on our online shop are made by Amberoot and by other great brands.
For more info see:
Materials Policy - featuring Amberoot's material environmental sustainability ranking tool - the only alternative ranking tool to fashion industry's tool recommending plastic fabrics.
Today's Fashion Industry:
What is made from coal and oil?
- Plastic fabric clothing - 64% of all clothes worldwide.
- Chemicals used in growing cotton. 25% of world’s total of insecticides (talking about the insect apocalypse..) and 11% of pesticides.
- Dyes and treatment chemicals for textiles.
Why using coal and oil in fashion isn’t smart?
- Fossil fuel use substantially contributes to climate change and causes numerous health problems throughout the process.
- Plastic clothing shed microfibers to air, soil and water. Only in oceans, seas, rivers and lakes they contribute to around 35-85% of microplastic pollution.
- These tiny plastic microfibers are then ingested by smallest creatures, such as plankton and mosquitoes. Entangled plastic threads accumulate in their internal organs and are passed on throughout the food chain. They end up on your plate too - found in honey, salt, beer and, obviously, in seafood.
- Today less than 1% of all clothing worldwide is recycled, meaning that all discarded synthetic clothing will stay in landfills for hundreds of years to come.
- An average number of times a garment is worn nowadays is four times = today's fashion industry is the four-time-use plastic industry.